Term of Reference
List of Projects 2013-2015
List of Projects 2010-2011
> ACEN (Asian Chemical Education Network)
> ANAC (Asian Network of Analytical Chemistry)
> ANEC (Asian Network of Environmental Chemistry)
> APFAN (Asian Pacific Food Analysis Network)
> ANRAP (Asian Network of Research on Anti-diabetic Plants)
> ChIN (Asian Chemical Information Network)
> GC (Green Chemistry)
> LCI-MSC (Low-Cost Instrumentation and Microscale Chemistry)
> NPMC (Natural Product and Medicinal Chemistry Network)
> HA (History and Archives)
> ANMC(Sub-Project, Asian Network of Metallic Chemistry)
List of Projects 2008-2009
> Asian Network of Analytical Chemistry (ANAC)
> Asian Chemical Education Network (ACEN)
> Asian Chemical Information Network (ChIN)
> Asian Network for Environmental Chemistry (ANEC)
> Asia Pacific Network for Food Analysis (APFAN)
> Green Chemistry (GC)
> Medicinal Chemistry and Natural Products (MCNP)
> Asian Network for Research on Anti-diabetic Plants (ANRAP)
> Low-Cost Instrumentation-Microscale Chemistry (LCI-MSC)
> History and Archives of FACS (ARCHIVE)
Project Reports and Announcements
> Application for FACS Projects in 2004-2005
Asian Coordinating Groups for Chemistry (ACGC)
> About ACGC
> Minutes of ACGC Meetings
> The Conference: ASOMPS
> Related Meetings
> The Journal: ACGC CRC
30 January 1996, Mehfil 1 Room Purbani Hotel, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Assoc. Prof. Stephen Pyne, Professor. J. Cannon, Assoc.Prof. J. Webb, Dr B. Noller, Dr L. Prage and Dr. Nordin Hj. Lajis
Dr. J.V. Kingston
3. Minute of the last meeting
Moved Assoc. Prof. Stephen Pyne; Seconded Professor. J. Cannon; Carried
4. Matters arising
* The amount held in the FACS account at the IKM is about RM$40,000 was transferred to an RACI-FACS account
* IPICS was yet to be asked to contribute funds.
* Professor David Black was asked to be a member of the The Editorial Board.
* All papers to be sent to Stephen Pyne.
* Marius van Alphen )UNESCO New Delhi) did not advise the current ACGC membership.Professor Cannon had provided a list of names.
* The backlog of papers is completed.
* The paper by Hill was published in the FACS Newsletter.
* A logo has been designed. It was moved that the logo be
accepted Profess?or. J. Cannon; Seconded Dr B. Noller; Carried.
* The Editor's expenses would be arranged.
* Dr. M. Mohinder Singh was asked fto supply details of the previous circulation list (not supplied).
* Details were yet to be circulated to the Advisory Board.
5. Report of the Editor and Chairman
Assoc. Prof. Stephen Pyne presented his report.
* All backlog had be dealt with.
* Ten new papers were received.
* The aims were listed on the inside cover of the journal.
* An aim was to get Chemical Abstracts to accept the journal for listing
* More publicity was needed.
* Libraries would be charged for subscriptions.
* A flier was produced.
The report was moved Assoc. Prof. Stephen Pyne; Seconded Dr. L. Prage; Carried.
The Editor was congratulated on his success by all Board members.
The IFS offered to help circulate details of the journal. The Editor would send these details to Dr Prage.
6. Financial Statement
Two amounts, $2000 and $4500, were transferred to the Editor from the main account following approval by Board members. Moved
ACGC CRC Board
Dr. J. Cannon, Dr. Marius von Alphen*, Dr B. Noller, Assoc. Prof. J. Webb and Assoc. Prof. Stephen Pyne (Chairman) and Dr L. Prage comprise the Board.
Assoc. Prof. Stephen Pyne is appointed as Executive Editor, Dr. Barry Noller as Secretary and Dr. J. Cannon (NCBNP), Dr J.V. Kingston (UNESCO-ROSTSCA), Assoc. Prof. J.Webb (ANAIC), Dr Mohinder Singh (IKM), Dr Nordin Hj Lajis (UNESCO SE Asian Regional Network), Professor B.H. Han (Korea), and Dr. L. Prage (IFS) are the Board members.
Scientific Advisory Board
Remove Professor Sjamsul Achmad and replace with Dr. Dayar Arbain (Indonesia). Remove Professor Vasudera Murthy and replace by Dr. T. Ramasami
*Note : Presumably Dr. Marius van Alphen will be replaced by Dr. Mohan Perera
(CLRI Madras India). Remove Drs. Noller and Prage as they are members of the Board.
Remove Dr Ram Kulkarni, Miss Delia E Torrijos. Add the names of Dr Mohan Perera UNE?SCO, New Delhi, Dr Sirichai Nimgirawath, Silpakorn University, Nakorn Pathom (Thailand), Professor Chen Min Bo (China), Professor Hajime Akimoto (Japan). Barry Noller is to write to all suggested new members and invite/confirm membership of the Scientific Advisory Board.
Marius van Alphen is requested to advise Stephen Pyne of the current ACGC membership details for the ACGC brochures.
* Dr JV Kingston Director of UNESCO/ROSTSCA, UNESCO Representative in India
* Professor Webb (ANAIC)
* Professor Han has been replaced by Professor Dr Nordin, UNESCO Network for the Chemistry of Natural Products in Southeast Asia
* SCAMAP delete
* Dr J Cannon (NCBNP)
* Remove APINMAP
* Remove ASTINFO
* Commonwealth Science Council Change to Dr J A J Perera, Commonwealth Science Council, Commonwealth Secretariat, Marlborough House, Pall Mall London, SW1Y 5HX, UK
* IDRC Remove Dr H Gunasingham
* ASOMPS remove Professor Achmad (Indonesia) a?nd change to Dr Nguyen The Dung, Institute of Natural Products Chemistry, National Centre for Natural Sciences and Technology. Nghai Do Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam
* Remove IDP
* Change Professor KV Sane to Low Cost Locally Produced Instrument Program (LCLPIP)
* Technician Program (R Bradley Dublin City University) - 3rd Symposium in Vancouver
* Professor W Taylor change to ACGC Chemistry Program in Bangladesh, Bhutan, Myanmar and Nepal
* Change SEABOP to BOTANY 2000
* UNESCO/ROSTSEA Jakarta (Dr Fumin Zhang)
Back page of ACGC CRC Brochure
LANBIO Professor Hermann Niemeyer (Chile)
Leave out IDP
Change to funded by (leave out mainly)
Leave out the publication rate
Proposal for backlog of papers
(i) Papers ready for processing for publication (to Stephen Pyne)
(ii) Papers requiring author comments (Barry Noller send these out with return to Stephen Pyne)
(iii) Papers not returned from reviewers (Barry Noller to ch8ase up)
Matter of paper by Hill
Not appropriate for this journal. Rejected. Try an NUS publication.
List date of receipt of papers from now on.
Design a logo.
Editors expenses. These have been listed and have been approved by the Board against an advance. Advance is set for up to AUD $2000 for expenses. Moved J Cannon. Seconded B. Noller. Carried.
Sending out copies. Ask Mohinder for list details.
Circulate details to the advisory board. Stephen Pyne to build up the circulation list.
Meeting closed at 11.26 hr.